Friday, August 27, 2021


My new fantasy novel hasn't even been released yet, and I am already getting questions from people who are reading the advanced reading copies (but not necessarily following my blog).


Here is one of the questions: 

Why did you make the Prince's uncle a hunchback, and is he a sadist or just pragmatic when it comes to extracting information from his prisoners in his dungeon?

Answer:  

I made him a hunchback because I wanted to pay tribute to some of my favorite authors who wrote great stories featuring hunchbacks;  The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo, Richard the Third by William Shakespeare. I also wanted to include a physically flawed character into my retelling of the Cinderella tale; one that adds a new dimension and whose own amorous adventures enrich my work.  As for him being a sadist or a pragmatist, I leave that for my gentle readers to decide. 

Keep the questions coming.  As the launch for my book approaches on Oct. 5, 2021, this blog will focus on Ardennia.

No comments: