Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Greetings,

As promised this blog is going to be about the intersection of books, adventure and the environment.  Many of the books on the menu will be nonfiction works such as Rachel Carson's Silent Spring and Peter Matthiessen's The Snow Leopard. Works of fiction will include literary/adventure novels by authors like Jack London, Herman Melville and Ernest Hemingway.  Sprinkled into the mix will be my own writings, including excerpts from my autobiography and references to my plays - especially the ones with environmental themes.  At bottom is the subject of my next post, and I will close this post with a Helen Keller* quote demonstrating the risks involved in everyday life :  "Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all."

 *Inspirational writer who became blind and deaf when she was only 19 months old.

Next Post: Excerpt from my autobigraphy about a close encounter with a grizzly bear in Glacier National Park. 

No comments: